And in one piece, no less! Comic Con 2007 was a lot of fun. Before I get around to my impressions, I have some media to share:
First, here is a little video I took of the longest line I saw at the Con.
Second is a video I made out of a bunch of pictures I took at the Con.
As for my impressions: It was a good show. I got to see most of the people I wanted to see (Neil Gaiman, Kevin Smith, Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade, Scott from PVP, John Allison from Scary Go Round). I also saw a lot of cool costumes and managed to get totally trashed BOTH nights… man, I don’t even want to think about what my overall alcohol bill for the weekend was… sheesh!
Here’s one thing I can say, though. I fucking HATE audience Q&A sessions. HATE. It was painful for me as an audience member, so I don’t know how the panelists can stand it. If I had my way, there would be a simple set of rules that motherfuckers would have to follow when asking questions of a panel:
1) Do not talk about yourself. At all. In fact, talk as little as possible. I don’t care how much you love the panelists’ work, I don’t care how much they’ve impacted your life, I don’t care if you’re an aspiring artist, I don’t care what your opinions are on things… in short, I don’t care about you. Ask your question then shut the fuck up and let the PANELIST (who you came to see, asshat!) actually answer it.
2) Do not ask them where they get their ideas or if they have any advice for you. They always say the same thing. “I don’t know where my ideas come from” and “Practice!”
3) Do not try to be clever. You are not. At all.
4) Do not insult the panelists. Everyone in the room will hate you and the panelist will most likely destroy you with words. You are not being clever, you are not being funny. You are just being a dick and I hope you die of cancer of the penis.
5) Don’t ask multiple or multi-part questions. People at the end of the line have questions too, fucktard!
I’m sure there’s a bunch of other laws I could set down, but those are the most important. I mean, seriously…. damn…. Those Q&A sessions made me want to stab out my eardrums with an ice pick, they were so painful. SO painful.
Anyway, I’m really tired. That con takes a lot out of you. Sleepy time now. Ward 32 episode 30 is below and episode 31 will be posted sometime tomorrow.